Saturday, April 12, 2008

Narrow Hem


I used my 1/4" narrow hem foot to hem that dress. It was my first experience using specialty sewing feet. My goal is to sew fast and with a minimum of hassle. I think the narrow hem foot helped with that goal. I followed the tutorial here and here. It was not super easy to use, but it was certainly easier than what I would have done previously. I needed to restart a number of times as the fabric was fed into the foot the wrong way. I also went over the seam by hand. Here are some of the bad spots. In addition to too much and too little fabric feeding into the foot, the other thing I found was that sometimes the fabric would go under the foot instead of being rounded into the fold. Over all I found it pretty quick and certainly worth the not-perfect results. Practice will help too.

No comments: